Abrasive Wheel Training
Who should attend?
Our abrasive wheel training courses are suitable for all operators, managers and supervisors, who as part of their working duties select, mount, specify or use abrasive wheels as defined in PUWER Regulations 1998.
To cover the duty of care placed on employers by the PUWER regulations 1998 to provide adequate training for the safe use abrasive wheels. To give the candidate the knowledge to select the correct wheel for the job, the suitable PPE required, and to cut or grind using the tool safely. It covers the abrasive and diamond wheels, hand held petrol, battery and mains electric tools and small bench mounted grinders.
Abrasive Wheel Training Course Content
- Provides a brief outline of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Safety in the use of abrasive wheels HSG17.
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1998.
- The correct use of PPE.
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels.
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels.
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels.
- Mounting procedures & precautions of abrasive wheels.
- Diamond Wheels.
- Electric and Petrol Machines.
- Safe use of the machines and equipment.
- Question papers with feedback from course delegates.
- Balancing of grinding wheels, correct method of dressing wheels.
- Adjustment of guards and rests.
- Practical exercise to include all elements on bench grinders, Portable disc cutters & Grinders.
- Question papers
- Feedback from course delegates.
- Each candidate will have to select the most appropriate cutting wheel for the task given form the wheels provided.
- Each candidate will have to correctly mount their chosen wheel onto the wheel
- Each candidate will have to perform a before use inspection on both the wheel and the tool.
- Each candidate will have to use the grinding wheel using the safe system of work given by the instructor.
This half day training course is aimed at anyone who selects mounts or uses abrasive wheels. The course covers different types of abrasive wheel, diamond blades, pre-use inspection to wheels and tools, hazards, correct PPE, fire control, regulations, correct cutting/grinding techniques and correct selection of wheels.
Maximums ratio on course 6 delegates
Each course delegate will be given a theoretical test (multi-choice format) to assess their job related safety knowledge and a certificate of basic training will be awarded to successful candidates.
Abrasive Wheel Training is accredited via ITSSAR – Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register
Hi , just a quick message to say that today we had Ryan take a course for 3 of our staff on counterbalance forklifts. The feedback I have received is that the course was delivered very professionally and a lot of new information was shared . Our on site training facilities were used to deliver the theory test which Ryan will now be familiar with . I would like to say we were impressed by Ryan and any further training we require within the Millcroft group we will contact you for a quote .
The service was excellent from point of contact all the way through to the actual training itself We will be using Ace Trainers again
I would recommend Ace Trainers , There pricing is very reasonable and below the market average however the level of training is top rate, I would be happy to tell my fellow businessmen about your service, We initially used Ace Trainers for one booking which lead into an additional two bookings due to the service and training received
Very happy with the fork lift training delivered on site. I’d happily recommend Ace Trainers. Kevin Holden
Very Professional and a very helpful Company customer service seems a thing of the past but not for Ace Trainers Would recommend ,Thanks you for helping me pass my Drivers CPC Course
I cannot thank you enough for your assistance and professionalism regarding an enquiry I made at the 11th hour so to speak. It is so refreshing to receive a prompt and professional service. I do wish you every success future as you deserve it. The level of training received was excellent. Thank you again.
JB, Facilities Manager
Thank you very much for the training session Lin! It was great and we will be in contact for any more of our future needs
Thank you so much for your help today, you’ve been fantastically responsive and accommodating.
Mike and the Ace team refreshed my forklift operation courses on both Bendi and Counterbalance lift trucks. The experience was friendly, supportive and professional from start to finish and at an extremely competitive price. I have no …More Mike and the Ace team refreshed my forklift operation courses on both Bendi and Counterbalance lift trucks. The experience was friendly, supportive and professional from start to finish and at an extremely competitive price. I have no hesitation in recommending the Ace team, the name really does describe the service! Well done!Stuart Gordon
With being made redundant and with warehouse skills but not fork lift qualified, I attended a counter balance and reach fork lift truck operator course with Ace trainers at their training centre in Basingstoke. The instructors there, male and female were impressive and very professional. They are well knowledgeable in all subjects relating to fork lifting including Health and Safety regulations. Armed with my new/previous skills and knowledge gained from Acetrainers, I have landed a brilliant and dare I say, well paid warehouse management job.Thanks Mike and your instructors, you are the best. PS Will be sending my guys to you for training when they are due for renewal. George Rater